Senior Product ManagerWe’re a hiring a senior product manager to be part of our startup accelerator team!
Who are we and what we do?
We are Avast’s in-house Innovation Lab. Our job is to look at the future. We love the Internet of Things and believe consumer security, privacy and connectivity is key to its future.
At the Avast Innovation team, we carefully analyze established markets/products to identify problems or opportunities to add value, then develop our ideas using lean development principles. We are fully independent and do the entire execution in house, from design sprints to tech development, and (sometimes) marketing our own products.
The scope of products we work on is wide, and includes hardware as well as software. We’ve built mobile apps, browser extensions and Web applications, cross platform solutions, sensors, routers and even “Invisibility Glasses”.
The Avast Innovation team is diverse with 30 very creative, deeply experienced and highly educated professionals from more than 15 different countries. Do you want to be part of this?
About youAre you an early adopter of various types of technology?
Are you passionate about any of the following subjects: Privacy and Security Products, Lean Development, Internet of Things, Smart Home?
Do you have a track record of taking products from idea to market success?
Are you an experienced leader in multidisciplinary teams?
Are you comfortable with the development and marketing of consumer electronics?
Are you challenged by both the technical and business challenges that come with creating new products?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Build deep technical and business expertise in the space of consumer networking, privacy and security.
- Identify and develop new opportunities through proven methodologies, with a focus on customer value.
- Responsibility to bring new products and features to market.
- Develop product vision/strategy with attention to business, customer, and user aspects.
- Identify and execute strategic cooperations with third parties
- Select and involve appropriate stakeholders per project/product, understand stakeholder’s needs, manage their expectations, clearly communicating made decisions to all stakeholders
- Work closely with the Development and UX-team to develop product specs or define features to test hypothesis behind new ideas/solutions using lean principles
- Fulfil the role of Product Owner in sprints whilst working together with cross functional teams such as development, UX/design, marketing and legal
- Build a strong working relationship both within the team and with the product teams at Avast, making it easier for people to come to you with new ideas and problems
- University degree or higher in technical or creative, for ex.design, field preferred.
- At least 5 years of product management experience
Experience in developing consumer electronics and software
Experience with Agile/Lean development methods
Experience in working within an international environment across different locations.
Lives and breathes new technology
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Fluent in English.
Nice to haves
- Startup experience or entrepreneurial background preferred
- B2B experience is a plus
- Connections with Asian manufacturers are a bonus
We offerOpportunity for professional growth
Friendly work environment
Wide range of company benefits (i.e. 25 holidays, contribution to life insurance etc.)
A nice office stocked with fresh fruits & coffee
Monthly catered lunches to get to know your colleagues
Monthly hackathons to build ideas you pitch to the team
An up to date laptop + a mobile phone with a sim
Flexible work hours
An international working environement.